- a robotics software engineer, and also
- a researcher of artificial intelligence for mobile robots.
I'm a life-long learner. Being good at math makes me perform well in learning new things. I used to win the second prize in our provincial math competition, and get the National Scholarship of China (the hardest one for a college student to get).
My ideal job would be of 70% coding and 30% cutting-edge academic research. I work more productively in doing jobs with a mix of both software development and theoretical research than doing just pure theoretical ones.
Collaboration and group discussion is a more efficient way for me than working alone.
I believe initiative-taking, a sense of ownership, forward-thinking, and communication are the most important aspects in approaching success in both one's career and personal life.
Decision-making and Planning
- Motion planning of self-driving cars
- Path planning of pick-and-place robots
- Behavior planning of self-driving cars
System and Control Theory
- State estimation and prediction
- Linear system and control
- Nonlinear system and control
Optimization and Machine Learning
- Convex optimization
- Non-convex optimization
- Reinforcement learning and supervised learning in robotics
Big Data Technologies
- Data storage: Hadoop Distributed File System
- Data analytics: Apache Spark
- Data Visualization: Matplotlib, Plotly